Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy 4th of July!

We leave you now with this image, which is both an evocation of the just and blazing pride we Americans take in our liberties and heritage, and a graphic warning about the dangers of taking penis envy a little too far.

Have a great holiday everyone.

Update: Hey, look who just flew in for the Independence Day festivities! It's the 50 Foot Woman!
Alllllll right, we got ourselves a party now!  Listen boys, we're gonna need a couple cases of Hawaiian Punch, a fifty-five gallon drum of grain alcohol, and about two yards of 18-inch ADS drainage tubing to use as a straw...

5 comments:

M. Bouffant said...

Izzat Bess Myerson at the reins?

You need a huge spritzer of 7-Up to go w/ the other two secret ingredients. In my day we used 151 proof rum instead of grain alky, but I understand Everclear is now available in Calif., so knock yourselves out. Responsibly.

Gawd Damn America!!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

But don't set off a firework with your head as the launch pad.
~

Li'l Innocent said...

Well, call me an OLD feminist, but that 2nd image fills me with exhilaration! Fifty-foot, hah! - I'm no expert on vintage aircraft, but that's not a Piper Cub she's wrangling (and dwarfing), and I'd make her 150 feet at least (without heels). M. Bouffant's got it just right! The actual, really-truly Fifty Foot Woman (according to my film historian sister- I've never seen it) is utterly a reflection of the Fifties, but Bess, if it is indeed she, is a triumph of the liberating War Years, Yankee Goddess of the Skies, Divine Distributor of Humongous War Bonds - zowie!

She'd make Uncle Sam dye his beard and take up Zumba.

Anonymous said...

ANNTI sez...

SSOOOOO glad that I got the few seconds to come by & see THIS glory!!!
Will probably be on the national news tonight for my "remedial courses" in what libraries actually ARE & ARE FOR, if not just a flat-out sloppy spree killing, but DAMN, I'm glad that I got to see a little bit of home...

XOXOXO
Love,
A.S.C.

heydave said...

America, fuck yeah!

Take care, kids!

Disqus