Saturday, November 28, 2015

That Time When We Got Trapped In The Basement

Hi, World O Crappers! It's me! MaryC! (Y'all remember me, right?)

I know posting has been sparse and light, but there's a good reason for that!

Good Reason #1- Scott has been working on an animated movie program related activity, which has been consuming what little time per day he can stomach sitting at the computer (and when I say "stomach" I actually mean his back, which is why I don't teach anatomy).

Good Reason #2- My mom (now known as MaryC's Mom) is in very ill health. When I'm not working, I'm out in my hometown visiting my mom while she is in a rehabilitation center. (She had been in a hospital with pneumonia, but she got better)

So, to make up for the sparse posting, I'm going to be posting the best, most topical posts World O' Crap has ever had.

But, not to fear! We will have more current posts coming soon! Plus! Keep a look out for our annual "Better Living Through Bad Christmas Movie" post!

Until then, enjoy this post, won't  you? Thank You!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

And from Mary, Riley, Moondoggie, and me...Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANNTI sez...

Oohhhh, the melancholia mixed with delight & kitteh-love... such a huge, gaping hole in my soul that's just the size of Riley, Bob, Yoda & Shaggy (the 3 transplants from NOLA that I tried to "rescue" from the slumlord with the .22, and before they could get settled-in HERE, Psycho-Slut upped and OFFED MY BABY BOYS!!! Sorry to be such a drag, Mary, honestly, but seeing our gorgeous Riley just being herself... it still aches, as I'm sure that it must X100,000 for y'all...) --- sorry to make your first comment such a flaming sack of dogshit, Mary, but ohhh, the happy memories of beautiful, wicked-eyed Riley... and, of course, Moondoggie being himself. He dug-out a big ol' soft spot in my soul for gingers, and OH, how I wish that I had video of BOB!!! THE most-talented cat you EVER (didn't) met!

Shutting up now. Get Scott's recalcitrant ass strapped-onto an inversion board and then make HIM give YOU a backrub! And skritch Moonie's beautiful ears for me, k?

Hugs & kisses & catnip abounding,
XOXOXO
L,
Annti

grouchomarxist said...

Here's to absent friends.

So sorry to hear what happened to your boys, Annti. People can be such total shits.

Having been through this routine with my mom several times in the last few years, you have my sincerest sympathies, Mary. At least it's encouraging that she's made it out of the hospital and into rehab. Here's hoping her stay is as short as possible, and she's back in her own digs tout suite.

Debbi said...

So sorry to hear about the various health problems. I know what it's like to deal with ailing elders, also. And Annti, my sympathies, as always, are with you.

I very much look forward to your Christmas posts, guys!

When times get tough, just remember -- Nathan Fillion lives! :) I've been checking out "Castle". Now, I want to see "Firefly" or whatever that was called.

Take care all! :)

Disqus